After putting off learning to drive during school, a friend highly recommended Adrian and I was glad I had Adrian as an instructor.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
AA Driving School pupils
Your instructor, Adrian Tenan is a self-employed franchisee of Automobile Association Developments Limited (the AA Driving School).
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor. You and your instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
You MUST notify your instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid provisional driving licence.
AA The Driving School Agency Limited acts as agent for your instructor, in receiving your payments for driving tuition, other than payments made directly by you to your instructor. Where AA Driving School and/or AA The Driving School Agency Limited makes bookings with, or supplies any information or documentation to you, or processes any payments for your lessons, they act as the agent of your instructor.
Access to the eDrivingSolutions website is free on condition that regular driving lessons are undertaken. However if no driving lessons are undertaken within a 4 week period, it is with regret that this free facilty will be withdrawn. Access can then be purchased if desired at a cost of £2 per month (normal cost £7.99).
If you wish to cancel a lesson a minimum of 48 hours prior notice should be given. Cancellations must be made directly between you and your instructor.
If you do not give at least 48 hours notice of cancellation, your instructor will be entitled to charge for the lesson(s) concerned.
Payments and lesson bookings
You must pay for tuition in advance by using one of the following methods:
- payment by credit or debit card online at www.theaa.com/driving-school
- payment by credit or debit card by calling the AA Driving School on 0800 587 0087
- payment by cash, cheque, BACS or PayPal direct to your instructor. (Any cheques must be made payable to your instructor (Adrian Tenan). Your instructor will confirm whether or not they are able to take payments via credit or debit card.)
- All monies owing, including payment for use of the School vehicle on the day, MUST be paid prior to taking the L Test. ( You should allow at least 10 clear working days for any cheques to clear ). The use of the School vehicle will be withdrawn for use on Test if this is not complied with, and this is likely to result in the loss of your Test fee.
AA Driving School has no responsibility or liability to you for payments made by other means, and further if you do pay your instructor, directly by cash, cheque or card payment, You should obtain a receipt. AA Driving School accepts no responsibility for any payments made direct to your instructor.
The price of lessons which have not been prepaid as part of a block booking may be changed at any time. You will always receive prior notice of such changes.
The cost of prepaid tuition is based on the lesson price in force at time of booking, and will be honoured for 12 months thereafter irrespective of any price increase that may occur between the date of booking and when the lessons are taken. Any unused lessons remaining after 12 months have elapsed shall have any lesson price increase applied.
If a customer ceases lessons before a block booking is completed, the lessons which have been taken will be charged at the normal lesson rate and this will be reflected in the refund payment.
Refunds of lessons paid by PayPal will attract a £2.00 administration charge.
Transferability of lessons
You cannot sell or transfer lessons which have been purchased in your name to any other person without consent.
Your instructor (Adrian Tenan), AA Driving School and/or AA The Driving School Agency Limited are not liable to you for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by the relevant person or body
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach
- any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by you
- any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body
Your instructor (Adrian Tenan), AA Driving School and/or AA The Driving School Agency Limited shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
You are reminded that neither AA Driving School and/or AA The Driving School Agency Limited are parties to the contract for driving tuition itself, which is between you and your instructor (Adrian Tenan). This does not affect any liability that AA Driving School and/or AA The Driving School Agency Limited may have for any loss or damage you may incur which is caused directly as a result of any breach (including negligence) by it or them of any legal duty owed by it or them to you.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
Law applying to terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.